Growth in every aspect of life does not happen by accident. For us to consistent experience growth, transformation, change or success, we must be deliberate and intentional about it.
One of the intentional activities we must engage in to experience consistent growth is periodic self-assessment. As a kingdom community that is committed to the development and empowerment of the saints, the quarterly growth assessment has been put in place to ensure consistent growth in every area of life.
Paul, in 1 Corinthians 11:31 (AMP) says: “But if we evaluated and judged ourselves honestly [recognizing our shortcomings and correcting our behavior], we would not be judged.” Also in 2 Corinthians 13:5 (AMP), Paul encourages us to “Test and evaluate yourselves to see whether you are in the faith and living your lives as [committed] believers. Examine yourselves [not me]! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves [by an ongoing experience] that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test and are rejected as counterfeit?
The quarterly growth assessment otherwise known as QGA, is designed to help individuals consistently track development in key areas of life. These areas are: the Spirit man (which is the core), Social Life, Career/Personal Development, Finances, Health and Wellness and Minister/Purpose. Each of these areas are measured by indicators, which helps to track performance on a quarterly basis. You can call them key performance indicators.
The quarterly review will help us achieve the following among others:
- Ascertain where we are per time and the grounds we have covered.
- Avoid self-deception and delusion about our journey and not think we are doing fine when we are not.
- Discover areas of misalignment and quickly correct ourselves [recognizing our shortcomings and correcting our behavior] – 1 Corinthians 11:31
- Avoid falling short of required standard of God in every new season
- Avoid judgment or condemnation on the day of Ultimate Judgment of God
For this self-assessment to be effective, you would need to be honest with yourself. Every time we carryout honest assessment of ourselves and realise gaps, we are required to quickly make amends and keep growing.
Download the form below: